View Single Post
Old 2009.05.09, 01:34 PM   #11
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

It's hard to say because I almost always separate live performances from recordings. Rakujitsu at JCHI would take this easily but I think I'm gonna be interesting and pick something else. I'll weigh their best recording with their best live and decide out of those two.

Recording - I agree with kuro_neko on this one. Adult's version of Himitsu is as good as it gets with Phase 2 Tokyo Jihen. They are so tight in this song and each have an awesome part to play that it really makes a great song an amazing song. As much as I adore Dynamite Out's version, I think this surpasses it. And that is not something I can say often. It's jazzy, sexy, and rockin' all at the same time. It was a hell of a way to kick off Adult.

Live - Kabuki + OSCA at Spa & Treatment was great. Not only was it a perfect transition but it was a stellar performance of both songs. I think it's the best live version of either of the two. And the crowd reaction to OSCA was just awesome. It's just a great performance. When S&T was first talked about on this board and I saw it, I smiled because I knew nu-Jihen haters couldn't say anything to criticize these two.

Out of the two, I'd say Kabuki + OSCA takes it. This is important to me because it came from a time where everyone was so concerned with how much they hated Variety and almost everything Phase 2 related. This performance showed that the band could still rock and kick ass when they wanted to. And that's important.

Last edited by Osiris12345 : 2009.05.10 at 10:53 PM.
Osiris12345 is offline   Reply With Quote