View Single Post
Old 2009.07.07, 11:15 AM   #25
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Gonna have to agree with chobbies about Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart by Phoenix, I love the direction they're going with their sound. Dancey electronicish band music, always fun. Great job Phoenix!

Mayer Hawthorne for sure, absolutely in love with his brand of soul revival. Green eyed love is a gem. Only 2 singles so far, can't wait for his album to finally drop.

Fredrik is another great discovery this year. I would describe their music as post-pop/rock, though it can get pretty intense. Na Na Ni could be described as an instrumental headbanging song... it's syncopated as well so it's even more fun. Their album veer towards a more radio friendly pop sound but its their EPs that contain those lovely instrumental gems...

The Whitest Boy Alive had their 2nd album Dreams released this year, and it's full of catchy dancey electronic music; I especially like the track 1517.

I don't think The Raah Project have any official albums out yet, but judging from their shortened concert on youtube, the album is probably gonna be awesome.

And I'm definitely diggin Kira-Neris's A frozen second... great downtempo music that's a far cry from elevator music, this one requires active listening to take in all the sonic textures!

And speaking about soundcloud...FLOATINGPOINTS! Listen to Vacuum, I wannna partttyyy!