Thread: Asai Kenichi
View Single Post
Old 2009.07.21, 04:37 PM   #73
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

This is exactly why I haven't been in a rush to buy older SHERBETS albums yet. I don't take SHM-CDs very seriously (especially not when my tests indicate these discs are more difficult to read than normal discs), but I do like that all SHM releases have been packaged in cardboard sleeves. I already own the vinyl LP for Siberia, so that's as hardcore of packaging as you can get (since the SHM releases are packaged like mini-LPs), but the tracklist of the LP isn't the same as the CD.

Nearly every CD of Asai Kenichi that I own from late 2006 and onward, has been available in cardboard sleeve. I've got 16 Blankey Jet City SHM reissues in cardboard sleeves, plus Asai Kenichi's entire solo career which is another 8 CDs so far (none of which were available in SHM but they all came in cardboard sleeves anyway), plus the latest original SHERBETS album (MAD DISCO) was available in SHM.

Now what I don't understand, is why Siberia is getting reissued before Sekilala. I mean, I do admit I like Siberia better, but I'm just hoping they don't decide that some of the older SHERBETS albums aren't worth reissuing. I guess if I could only have one SHERBETS reissue, Siberia would probably be it, but I hope they'll eventually give the mini-LP treatment to Vietnam 1964 too, with or without SHM.

Anyway, two completely new Asai Kenichi solo-career singles are coming out this season, so there will probably be an album that follows. I have no idea which of his bands the material will most closely resemble.