View Single Post
Old 2009.07.21, 06:24 PM   #43
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
i know you don't want to keep going back and forth, but your newest point doesn't make sense. the b-sides would fit if they were re-arranged to fit...yyes, but that holds true for every song i existence pretty much..so duh?
no, it doesn't.

your dancing around in circles and never hitting the same point twice so it looks like your argument is sound but in fact your leaking all over the place. your original post and all posts since are confusing a couple of things that are quite important, such as quality vs. production

you claim that Jihen's b-sides are tracks that didn't make the cut. That is an issue of quality. You know the saying, you can shine a turd all you want but its still a turd. That is mostly true, but shinied up enough you can make almost everything sparkle, or at least become easier to look at. That is a matter of production. based on the reactions to Variety the album versus Spa and Treatment live arrangements, it would seem that most people, while not exactly proclaiming it genius, at least can bear to listen, perhaps even enjoy, that era's music.

arrangement makes a BIG difference. Himitsu Dynamite Out version would have been a glaring spot on Adult had it not been rearranged to suite the theme of the album. However, some music just thematically belongs on some releases. Ichijiku no Hana, for instance, technically belongs to the KZK era and is even on the analogue, but that song and the rest of the album, production and writing aside, just does not belong on there.

however, out of all her eras, MM and SS era Ringo is the one with the most bleed-over. There is a distinction between the two, but it isn't as pronounced as either is to KZK, SG, or any of the Ringo-written Jihen era's songs. There are songs like Honnou which exist in both worlds, living somewhere in the borderland between the two.

still, you keep on missing the entire point and focusing on side-arguments details, but again, *for the third time*, I'm refuting your claim that Jihen's tracks are just tracks that "didn't make the cut," that they are all just the left-overs, while SR's are individuals meant to stand on their own for. If you want to completely ignore that this is the bottom line underneath all being discussed in my posts so you can dance in circles, leave me out.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.07.21 at 06:28 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote