Thread: Asai Kenichi
View Single Post
Old 2009.08.21, 05:02 PM   #79
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

This second guitarist is no stranger to Asai Kenichi. If you have any Blankey Jet City albums, look through the booklet credits for "Masami Tsuchiya" and you'll find his name in a few of them.

I'm surprised you don't know who Masami Tsuchiya is. He's even more polarizing of a figure than Ukigumo. Back in Ringo Jihen days, the strongest Ukigumo defender declared Masami Tsuchiya as one of the few guitarists they liked even more than Ukigumo, while one of the strongest 'haters' disliked Masami Tsuchiya even more than they disliked Ukigumo - if that tells you anything. You can't really see or hear a lot of that in the performance I linked to. You have to listen to his own songwriting where he has more creative control to play the guitar in whatever style he wants.

HIGH SCHOOL has always been a two-guitarists song. You know where the second guitar came from? The SHERBETS keyboardist. You'll see this in the PV (found in the bonus DVD for Miracle), and in ghost flowers.

Originally Posted by Nebularus View Post
I think the bassist (and perhaps drummer?) in the above video are in the "Mad Surfer" video as well.
I think you're right.