View Single Post
Old 2010.04.13, 06:54 AM   #1
seanclaude

seanclaude pleased at least somebody
Default do you like shiina singing in English?

Hi guys, I have been wanted to discuss about the necessity for shiina to sing in english. I like her singing in Japanese better and I have to say that I hate it when she sings in english.
For example, STEM is perfect in japanese and I do not understand why she bothered to make an english version. Although I aboslutely adore the NEKO's arrangement of STEM in HEISEI FUZOKU, I feel the song is spoilt by her english. I think it's more natural for her to sing in Japanese and the effect is different. The music in HEISEI is fantastic but I only listen to GAMBLE and HATSUKOI SHOUJO because they are sung in japanese.
I hardly understand what she's singing in those songs and they feel extremely unnatural. maybe I should put it this way: Neither english or japanese is my first language. I could barely speak japanese and obviously I did not understand the lyrics when I first listened to her 10 years ago. but I was fine with it because it sounded properly, the sound were natural.

same goes for Ego wrappin'. I love them as much as I love shiina and TJ, but a lot of Ego's songs are in english, and her english is harder to understand than those of shiina's.

However, it works in a different way for LOVE PSYCHEDELICO, because she sounds completely natural when she sings in english.
seanclaude is offline   Reply With Quote