View Single Post
Old 2010.07.27, 12:21 PM   #31
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

so the songs are up on iTunes. fortunately I had just enough left on my gift card to buy the album. I was surprised to see Dopamint together there with Tengoku. Dopamint is a Ringo lyric/Izawa music song according to kronekodow, whereas Tengoku is supposedly all Ringo.

Ramp started as soon as Dopamint ended and it sounded like the perfect transition, if that says anything about the production of the song...

Tengoku has such great atmosphere to it but the structure is too confusing and all over the place, it just kind of meanders all the place and then suddenly ends, leaving the listener confused. maybe that was part of what they were going for, conceptually at least, but for casual listeners, it isn't such a great song.

some time away from ringo and the forums has calmed my perspective down quite a bit and I can rationally say that this release came and went without much excitement on my part. hopefully any new music will be something fresh, Sports already feels tired and this song doesn't push the sound in a new enough direction for my liking. Time can only tell where they go next.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote