View Single Post
Old 2011.02.11, 03:11 PM   #262
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I'm happy to be in a position now where I am no longer effected by hype when it comes to TJ music. I don't expect anything brilliant, and I honestly don't care if it's good or if it's bad.

I love Weezers early output, and I love Radioheads most current output. If they both put out average records, I'm going to be more disappointed by the Radiohead album. TJ have been in Weezer territory for me for quite a bit now, so I don't expect another Pinkerton. That doesn't mean that they're unable to surprise, just that I'm not expecting it.

I think the word 'generic' suits Sora ga Natteiru quite well, but in all honesty it could have been a lot worse. It's unadventurous but inoffensive and at one time, yeah, I probably would have said "This sucks, they can only produce this!?" but now I'm more "Yeah... OK, it's all right". And it's a pretty good place to be. Just take their output as it comes; if it's great, then great!!, if it's not, oh well. There doesn't have to be blind hatred or blind support. Perhaps I'm just feeling particularly mellow right now.