View Single Post
Old 2011.05.12, 12:11 AM   #48
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Actually it would be fun to do a moods analysis of SR/TJ's work surrounding each album. The technology to do such analyses already exist (they usually take data from twitter), but I'm not geek enough to execute them.

Anybody wants a go at it? This would be a great project for anyone involved in Data Analytics. The results might be interesting.
If there wasn't so much potential for bias on that, and if I wasn't buried in quarter-long school projects of a different nature, I would have a go at it.

The problem with taking data from EMF, is that the 'consensus' would be based on which kind of fans are speaking up, while the statistics would ignore a much wider fanbase who may already feel as if they effectively have no voice. Then if you take data from elsewhere, hardly anyone is critical about new releases at all. So how does an analytics person balance these different sources, or choose one source over the other?