Thread: YUKI/JAM
View Single Post
Old 2011.08.23, 08:11 PM   #1
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default YUKI/JAM

I couldn't find what happened to the YUKI/JAM thread....

I just got megaphonic in the mail today and have been listening to it in random spurts throughout the day.

Anyone else listening to this album?

At first I was disappointed because the sound and production is very different from her last record. I'm not a huge fan of adult contemporary but when done right it can be really nice. her last album and title single proved that point. However, the more I listen to it and judge it on its own merits, the more I am actually enjoying it. Ureshikutte Dakiauyo was a great period for YUKi, it really suited her, it felt both mature but youthful and ecstatic, which is how I generally think of YUKI.

this album is very electronic. It reminds me of the progression she had earlier in her career from Commune to Joy. Where commune was organic/band oriented, Joy was very much experimental and electronic for the pop scene.

Ureshikutte Dakiauyo and then Megaphone seem similar. With repeated listens the tracks I originally wrote off as generic electro pop songs are really opening up and becoming surprisingly likable.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote