View Single Post
Old 2011.12.22, 04:50 PM   #14
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

When I heard SBTRKT's album I thought to myself, wow, this album has a serious chance of breaking out of dance music circles and making its way to non-dance audiences... And I was right. "Something goes right" just gets me everytime.... it's that good. This album made it to Pitchfork hahahaha.

This year my music listening is more focused on singles and EPs than albums, maybe cuz I'm listening to a lot more dance music stuff.

One of my favourites this year is Mosca... young producer from UK. His sound is varied... his homage to the 90s garage sound is so on point with "Bax", but I think his true talent really shows on the tune Tilt-shift, which is dubby and dancey and hypnotic and just, wow.

One of the few albums I really liked this year was Raphael Saadiq's Stone Rolling. The album is so lush and rich... proper soul sound... but it sounds like it's made in 2010 and not 1960. The last 4 tracks of the album are so damn good, I always skip to them. It's unfair, but damn those last 4 tracks... Movin' down the line, Just don't, Good Man, The Answer.

(i'll have more in a bit!)