View Single Post
Old 2014.02.15, 08:56 AM   #34
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
St. Vincent's new album is shaping up to be pretty weird. Whereas Cruel was probably the only really "pop" thing from Strange Mercy, each song from St. Vincent is very pop, almost electro-pop? That doesn't mean they are bad, they still have that signature St. Vincent jerkiness and unsettling feeling.
I'm going to go see her a week after my birthday. It's been five years since I last saw her live. I was too lazy to make the drive last time she was in-state.

I'm looking forward to the new album, but Strange Mercy was a bit of a letdown for me. I need an album made up of things like The Party and Just the Same but Brand New. I'm not nearly as hyped as was going from Marry Me to Actor.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
@Maou: I'm sure me 'shitting on your style' would have been ages ago right? I'm genuinely sorry if my early posts affected you like that, but just letting you know, I was a different person when I started on here- When I go back and read my early posts I often facepalm at myself (such a pissy brat back then haha)...
Oh yeah, DG. It's water under the bridge now. Just bringing it up to show how far we've moved on since then. I'm not going to wash my hands of any of the blame either. I'm very abrasive at times to say the least. And quite frankly, I was probably just looking for an excuse to take a break from this forum. So I'm sorry about the rough start we had here. Ever since things settled down, you've become a great poster. Though I would say you and Jihad have made me lazy. I used to be the guy finding new artists to share, but now I just wait to see what you guys are posting. : /