View Single Post
Old 2014.03.27, 06:03 PM   #47
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So, the first single ("Trouble's Lament") off the new Tori Amos album hit today, and while it isn't terrible, it's not particularly interesting either. Dunno whether I'm disappointed that it isn't particularly bad or good or satisfied that it at least sounds like (Scarlet's Walk era) Tori Amos again.

There is one big positive. It's production is the best she's been given in a long, long time. The song itself is a country-esque ditty that is reminiscent of tracks like Wednesday, but ultimately make me wanna listen to Scud Mountain Boys or even Oomori's country-esque ditty on Mahou Ga... :-p

Ultimately it's.. OK. Inoffensive. Apparently there's no big 'theme' to this album and all the songs are individual sounding... so if that's true, maybe I can't judge what to expect from the album. If that isn't true, I expect another OK, Beekeeper-esque album. Which is better than anything she's put out in a while.

So yeah... not rushing to order it. But not running away from it either.