View Single Post
Old 2014.12.24, 09:23 PM   #9
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
\Whenever I experience strong emotions, music is never around, Ringo is never on my mind, it is too small a thing to consider, cos there is too much going on in my mind already. Let's be real, when your mother is sick, do you go put on some sad music to smooth yourself first? This topic is ridiculous.
I mean, different strokes. Everyone will respond to Ringo's music and to their own internal emotional state differently, but just because you respond differently it doesn't mean you can't empathize with other people. Music, like other forms of art (in a broad sense) is a form of self-expression, but can also be intended to provoke an emotional/intellectual response in the listener. If someone is moved by a piece of music I think that's a testament to the power of art. It can be therapeutic, and it's not anything to ridicule. Obviously this doesn't apply to all music.

If my mother were sick my first reaction obviously wouldn't be to put on sad music, but based on my emotional state the music I would choose to listen to would be affected in a subconscious way that I wouldn't necessarily dictate. That's what this topic is about.

Originally Posted by anonlurker View Post
I think there's more to it than a whole slew of people vacuuming their house to KZK.
Yeah, probably jumped the gun on that one.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote