Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.03.07, 12:00 AM   #243
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I'd like to think sometimes that the biggest fans of various artists generally just appreciate the artists, and it really takes a very specific genre of fan to be on a FORUM in 2015 talking about it, as if their opinion mattered at all (i.e. myself, and everybody here).

The point I'm trying to make is, the music scene and the way people access music is fundamentally changing, I'm not sure if an English speaking forum here is a definitive indicator of SR's hype/relevance/quality of work.

WRT decline - I respectfully disagree. I think she's remained completely consistent since TJ started. Some releases are more/less exciting than others, but I always enjoy her work when I listen to it, and every single album so far from MM way up to Hiizurutokoro - I get the same fucking RUSH the first time I press play on each record. That to me is a clear as day indicator that she's still got it after all this time. We all have our opinions of what we'd rather see her do as an artist, but I don't think that should preclude our ability to see value in the stuff that she has chosen to do, even if it's "safe" or whatever you wanna call it.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote