Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.09.15, 06:26 PM   #1215
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I dunno, how can you pay to see the same show twice? I mean, she isn't one to have mixed up setlists for a while, give or take one or two songs.

I can understand those folks that follow someone like Tori Amos around for an entire tour, because she dramatically changes the setlist from night to night. But Ringo... I dunno... Then again, when was the last tour that had this many dates of hers? Maybe she will be a bit more loose with her setlists this time???

Also: sorry about that last massive post... was pretty tipsy last night but I do mean a lot of things I said on there. Guess if I'm gonna try to continue to be a Ringo fan I'm just gonna have to learn how to drop my standards and just enjoy her for the goofy pop princess she's becoming.

Re mastering reply from Harry4567: sure its a major problem on almost everything- but it's not just the brickwalling thats the problem with the latest Ringo... it really sounds plain bad to me. And it's getting progressively worse as time goes on. I have whinged about her earlier albums too- but this is way beyond the problems those had. It's all muddy and icky, and theres waaay too much treble. It kinda sorta is acceptable on Reimport- where its a big kalaidescopic mesh of sounds (the opening track works supremely well- a showtune ran through the SS machine is the best description for it)- but for Sunny where the songs are much more... gentle and jazzy/have a level headed pop approach (best description I can come up with a blistering headache) it really, really fucking ruins it. I mean, can you not hear it sounding worse than it did at oh, the end of Jihen???

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.09.15 at 06:37 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote