View Single Post
Old 2007.06.18, 07:52 AM   #131
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default moved from "Tokyo Jihen New Single & Fall Tour"

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I agree with this statement. At times, I liked what I head, but the song never really goes anywhere. It clearly failed to live up to CD Japans description since it wasn't guitar driven at all, but none of us really thought that would be accurate, right? This is yet another song where Ukigumo simply isn't needed in the mix. If you took him out and added more Izawa, you wouldn't even notice Uki was gone. That's also partially because of Kameda. The dude is a super hero. He's the driving force of the song. His work in Phase 2 has been superior to the rest of the band (most of the time).

Overall, it's an average song by an average band.
let me tell you, there is nothing that sounds quite like Jihen, even when you say they sound average. When I am out and about and in stores or listening to the radio or watching television, I don't hear anything CLOSE to them. They have a certain stamp, a certain style, that is unique to them. I find it rather sad but actually not surprising that people have responded like this to the PV. From the reaction to Adult, to the HF, and now to this new work, its all been in such a similar vein. People spend so much time talking about Ringo and sitting in a forum that nothing the artists will *ever* do will live up to the expectations raised.

it comes down to a matter of personal taste, obviously if you don't like the song and think its crap, your entitled to your opinion.

but I think calling the song average and the band average is a little much.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote