View Single Post
Old 2013.08.13, 08:38 PM   #3
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the karaoke industry took matters into their own hands and somehow fabricated their own versions of hit songs like Honnou, but I don't know how legitimate any of that would be.
It's completely legitimate. There are a number of companies that produce re-creations of various songs by first licensing the rights to them and then hiring studio musicians or an audio engineer to put them together, depending on the quality. It's actually the only reason there is a karaoke bar scene, access to these produced tracks. Interesting you should bring up Honnou, I sung that once a random karaoke bar that happened to have it.

So, by "karaoke version", I do mean something more complete than just an instrumental version, one with synchronized lyrics. Either video files, VCDs, CD+Gs, MP3+G files, whatever. It is possible to create MP3+G files and add a lyric overlay manually (though extremely time-consuming), but even at that, it's pretty much only the more poppy artists like idols and such that include instrumental versions in their singles; not really the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Removing vocals is another option, though I've experimented with that pretty extensively and the results are never really acceptable.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote