Thread: Favorite Albums
View Single Post
Old 2019.07.13, 09:37 PM   #80
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Super excited to finally share this!

20190713_225813_edited.jpeg
I finally collected my 21 favorite albums. (As of 2012)
As far as I can tell, Sappukei was not issued on vinyl. The Aeroplane Flies High was, but is more expensive than I care for. And the box is so cool as it is. Been a long time since I've taken a collection picture.

Sappukei was the last one I got.

Crooked Rain Crooked Rain is the one I bought almost entirely so I could take this picture.

First Band on the Moon was that I spent the longest time to track down. That, Central Reservation, and KZK are the ones I'm most excited to own on vinyl.

The White album is the one I owned first.

KZK or Mellon Collie were the most expensive buys.

The White album is the one I have the most copies of (original CD pressing, 68 US apple stereo pressing, 2009 stereo remaster cd, 2009 mono cd remaster, 2009 vinyl remaster (pictured), 2018 remix vinyl, 2019 super deluxe cd/Blu-ray) (The next would be Central Reservation, 99 US cd, 99 Aus cd with bonus track, 99 vinyl (pictured))

As much as I love spinning records, and love Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, listening on record is not the ideal way to experience. Every three songs you have to flip the record. Forget it. I really think the way to do Mellon Collie is to start, and have what feels like one hundred songs rush by until you have to switch discs for one hundred more.

The Nevermind and Pinkerton pressings are the super deluxe reissues. Unlike most reissues, these include the bonus tracks on wax - which is amazing. Best way to do Pinkerton.

Don't remember buying Shouso Strip.

Only 5 are still unopened in original plastic.

Records my wife recognized: The Flaming Lips, the baby, the blue and red one, and the Pineapple Under the Sea.

I don't think I did a good enough job thanking you all, years ago, for the kind words about that series I did. Sincerely, thank you all. As far as I care, this is still my "official" list that I reference to my wife and kid. (And they think its just charming.) But it is soon time to do this again. I've looked forward to it since I finished the last one.
Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Always interesting going back and reading the opinions everyone had a few years back. Do you still agree with your own list, Jihad? Still think TKOL is a more worthy album than SS?
Poor King of Limbs. I think about that every now and then. I get it. I get my thought process. I agree. But I also don't agree. TKOL is almost definitely not going to be in my top 20 next time
Is King of Limbs better or not than Shouso Strip? I thought so then anyway. I'd have to go back and revisit TKOL, honestly. But I would definitely say its not better than Ok Computer, or Bends, or Kid A, or Pool Shaped Moon.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2019.07.13 at 09:42 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote