View Single Post
Old 2009.12.17, 09:58 PM   #67
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Hi mizer, there is a loophole in your argument. So did she change or did she not?
OMGoodness. That's on 2 completely different points. You were ranting about why she is still making music, because she doesn't need the money. She wouldn't change her view ON THE MONEY.

And oh wow, in that same post I also said:

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
I mean I was around for KZK. I started listening to her right before that and got into her though her first 2 albums. MM is my absolute favorite album from her, but that doesn't stop me from liking Variety or SG. She's an artist and naturally grows and changes her style. You can't expect her to stay the same 20 year old that put out those first few albums.
JR's comment questioning Ringo's reason to make music is incomprehensible to me. She didn't start making music because of the money. Why would she change now now? Even though she's not making music to your liking doesn't mean it's without merits. It's still quality music that's different and better than a lot of what's out there.
And you have your opinion on whether or not Ringo makes "good" simple music, but that's your own opinion. Stop acting like your so called standards for music are top of the line and stop acting like you're looking down upon us people who actually enjoy the new work. Like, you do here:

Wow.
So you guys are happy comparing her to run-of-the-mill pop artists. This is very sad. If you set your standards so low, of course whatever she puts out is going to be well, comparatively miles ahead.
And here:
See, their middleground "just enough" approach is already manifesting itself among the fans. Well good for them, it's an economically sustainable revenue model.
And here:
I'm just... reminding the fans not to settle for anything less.

last.fm