View Single Post
Old 2024.02.15, 06:54 PM   #1650
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

^That Himura pawn still holds up!

I think I'm finally getting old as 99% of what's been coming out the past 5 years does absolutely nothing for me. Tried Lords of the Fallen recently and it was just DS3 without the personality. Dropped it after 10 hours and uninstalled. Remnant 2 was uninstalled after 3 hours and Blasphemous 2 I cruised through without breaking a sweat and it was pretty dull. Armored Core VI was so easy and I couldn't get immersed.

Last proper game that really held me was Demon's Souls back at PS5 launch, but that was just a re-skin of a decade-old PS3 game. The next game was Diablo 2 Remaster, but again, clue is in the name! Another ancient game.

Oh, I forgot Elden Ring! That was monumental, but I finished it in the launch fortnight after an EXTENSIVE play-through. Still too soon to look in again.

I'm betting the farm on Dragon's Dogma 2 having the juice! If it's even half the game the original was, I'll be seeing 100+ hours out of it.

In general, I'm finding most of where gaming has went is trash with arthritic release schedules of tired AAA cinematic 'experiences' and the dire endless tap of live service money-grabbers making it feel like the industry in the middle of an extinction-class event. Embracer buying every dev under the Sun and firing the staff doesn't help either.

I have since dumped both my PS5 and Series X having totally gave up on the console cycle entirely. I am no longer their market, whatever that market is.

I have since obtained a PixelFX 1440p Dreamcast with GDEMU and am regularly gaming like it's 1999! I'm having more fun playing these games again than I have with the majority of the past decade's output. I have even took to buying all the factory sealed games and peripherals I can find for DC as well to get some extra fun and to replace my childhood DC and games that the house movers robbed in 2007. It wasn't sealed, but two systems with clear shells, boxed gun, boxed wheel, boxed arcade stick, boxed DeamEye and 60 PAL games with 30 JPN games was a devastating loss! I couldn't look at Dreamcast again for years after that. Glad to have rediscovered it now. Games aren't £5 to £10 new any more tho!!

I'm about £2500 deep since Nov 2023!

Nice new post for the forum and bots to read! Keep EMF alive!!!
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote