View Single Post
Old 2009.05.05, 04:20 PM   #13
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I own 3 PS3 games (the kind of games/editions that disappear if you don't buy them quickly), and no PS3 yet. I keep meaning to buy one (all of the recent Shiina Ringo releases and my recently-cut workhours don't help), but I've been torn about how little or much cross-compatibility I want with PS2 games.

I still use my PS2, and I have a huge backlog of games (mostly RPGs) that I've bought for it but haven't played yet, because I play most RPGs to death before I move onto the next one. That's another reason I haven't been in a rush to get a next-generation system. I'm not so much a Sony fanboy (especially not after messing around with the inside of a BetaMAX deck or any of their mini-cams), I'm just more of a single-player RPG addict. Used to be an MMORPG addict but decided the competitive nature of it was punishing me too much for taking breaks from the game whenever *I* felt like it. You can't get ahead and stay ahead in an MMORPG while getting ahead and staying ahead in life. You have to choose between the two, and I decided if I was going to have to be a loser in an MMORPG (for not investing rapid enough time into it), then I'd rather not play it at all. At least I can play the single-player games at my own pace and still end up a winner one day.