View Single Post
Old 2019.04.09, 02:31 AM   #16
shirasagi

shirasagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
And here I was thinking Sunny was about Japan taking its place as a modern nation in the international community.

I think it's likely that she came up with the sandoku theme after the singles (or some of them, at least) had already come out. But that's not necessarily a disqualifier - if the new songs were written with that theme in mind, and with an eye toward actually tying in the singles. IIRC Yattsuke Shigoto was written years before the rest of KZK, for example.
That is a good point, but that was one single (technically, an EP track) and completely reimagined. I don't think any of us is expecting a new arrangement on any of these songs, plus that's an entire backlog of singles right there.
Also keep in mind she sacked Mayonaka and the b-side, nowadays she would probably throw in the Sid remake in too just for completion's sake lol
As for Sunny, I remember she said something about writing about both the sunny and the dark sides of Japan or something to that effect? She may mention it in the Sunny interview in that "Ongakka no Karute" book that I never got around to.

And sure deadgrandma, the camp is nothing new - it's probably also my dislike of knights and medieval/fantasy aesthetics that's putting me off, it just does nothing to me. I never watched Game of Thrones either, I'm that person...

I also listened to Menukidoori for about the fourth time in my life last night and I will say the song is better than I remember it, so maybe it will end up just being one of the less remarkable tracks on the album. Certainly nothing on here is on NIPPON level, am I right?
shirasagi is offline   Reply With Quote