View Single Post
Old 2007.06.13, 03:14 PM   #22
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I wonder, too. o_o Has EmilScherbe already talked about this yet? I can't remember. >_<

Originally Posted by zach View Post
I showed this album to several music professors, studio engineers and producers (out of duty if not fandom) and they are always in awe and try to spread the word as well. My jazz workshop instructor in college was basically choking on himself for the whole album.

ps - as an artist, I completely understand SR's decision to form TJ after releasing KSK. The act of creation is joyous but demanding, as any pro musician or producer will tell you. And an album of KSK's magnitude would be exhausting. Believe me, that album was NOT easy to make. What are you going to do when you feel like you've just finished building the Eiffel Tower and you still have to pay the bills? Go build Eiffel Tower 2? No; not only do you lack the energy, but the Eiffel Tower deserves to be unique. She's a smart cookie, that Shiina Ringo, and she made the only choice that makes sense, aside from pursuing a different career for a while. Yes, there was relative safety in joining TJ and the songs on their albums are produced like band songs, not like solo studio projects. I hope anyone that ribs her about starting TJ being a cop-out move has to wash dishes, mow the lawn, do their taxes, shovel snow, and stay up all night with a crying baby the day after they finish a huge project.
Wow, that's so cool to hear that even music professors and producers think it's a masterpiece!! *_* Coool!! >_<

And, thanks for explaining her decision to start TJ! Your post helped me to realize how much more genius Ringo really is. (Dunno if that sentence makes sense, but oh well. o_o)