View Single Post
Old 2018.05.08, 05:38 AM   #4
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Well, I have to say nowadays she is doing better than the adult/variety years IMO
All her visual concepts and imagery linked to her solo career have never failed (with the obvious exception of the rising sun flags that are offensive to korean people, that thing made her lose most of her korean fans)
so, visually she is all that I always loved in the world
Nonetheless, there was never a release that made feel like the early days, or even the KSK~Kyouiku days
Maybe the new releases are being a little bit better than SG and HF, but I'm not sure O.õ
Here and there, there are small things that I appreciate in some of her new releases, but few full songs and of course no whole album
These small things somehow give me hope that one day she will release something entirely good
Overall, I have more hope now than I used to have back in the post-Variety days
And I sure have more hope on SR than I have on Ayu or on Madonna
In the past I said something here about SR/TJ releases being good if we compare with other artists, but we only felt SR/TJ releases are bad because we compare with SR's old material, and I still think this holds as true
I also have said that SR is a spice, like pepper for instance
and even if we don't like a food, but this food has pepper on it, we will like the pepper flavour that this food has
in the same way that we may hate her new material, but the fact that it has some SR flavour makes it better than the thing we really really hate
I don't know if this spice metaphor still holds, but now I think about SR as a flavour, like chocolate
And of course I would like everything that is chocolate flavoured to taste like 100% natural cocoa powder brigadeiro(a traditional brazilian candy made with chocolate, butter and condensed milk)
but some chocolate flavoured things taste like they are artificially aromatized, which is awful and even makes me puke sometimes, but if I am really craving for chocolate I have to eat those shitty things until I have the chance to eat the real thing

This is what SR is for me right now

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote