View Single Post
Old 2019.04.01, 09:50 AM   #1214
songwriterjim

songwriterjim is headed in the right direction
Default Newbie here & about a year with Yumiko & Jrock/pop.

Hello all, as per instructions i am posting here to introduce myself. I'm an old songwriter/musician (husband/father/granddad/playwright/graphic designer/blah blah blah etc...) from NH USA and on a(nother) search for new & interesting music (being permanently disabled with a bad back & needing new musical listening inspiration), i came across Ringo, Tricot, Passepied, Zone, Bandmaid etc. over the past year.

As a musician listening to many various Japanese bands, i was surprised by how many bands/songs used the same basic chord progression or slight variations (i refer to it as the 'Japanese jazz chords' but is also used by other asian pop/rock bands). It initially drove me nuts as i constantly searched out as many bands as i could and kept hearing 'that chord progression' within almost every song (Tricot has yet to let me down in that respect).

I guess it is a cultural thing musically, much like western country music or blues?

Anyways, the more i delved into Ringo, the more i liked what i heard & saw in her music/videos.

And the more confused i became trying to figure out her name for example...
songwriterjim is offline   Reply With Quote