View Single Post
Old 2018.11.01, 05:27 PM   #1183
Fauxie

Fauxie is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) View Post
There is no bad music from Prince tho?

I disagree about the new music not subtracting from the old. If the message is so starkly anti-everything that was stood for and transmitted previously, it leads you to question the overall authenticity of it in the first place. A legacy can be tarnished.

There's some dreadful music by Prince. I think I dislike more music by Prince than I do by any other artist I listen to, but then that's because he just made so much music.

Is the message now so anti-everything? Actually proactively anti? Are we talking strictly musically or stuff outside of that? The thing I liked most about Ringo as far as what surrounds the actual music was her being hands on, being the boss, being a woman in control of her art in a man's world. As far as that's concerned, nothing's changed, has it? The music's just gone soft and the lyrics lack the fire in the belly, is all, which happens to almost every decent artist as they age. It's so common I just can't muster the energy to lament it all that much, honestly. It would've been a big surprise had Ringo not ended up where she is now.
Fauxie is offline   Reply With Quote