Thread: Xenogears
View Single Post
Old 2008.05.04, 08:31 AM   #16
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
When you're closer to the end of the game and you have world map access again, the game is a lot more satisfying again, even before you've beaten it. When you finally discover why the game is called Xenogears, that particular moment is serious fucking business.

By the way, who are your favorite character(s), aside from Fei?

I think Citan has the most notable backstory, and yet despite all his experiences and associations, he's not too hardass to have a family. In gameplay, he always has more hitpoints than Fei at the same level, he takes turns the fastest, and he's very useful for utility, even if not the absolute best. Give him the rare item from Wiseman's stash so you deal proportionately extra attack damage, the lower your hitpoints are compared to your maximum. Combine that with the turntaking speed (and a certain conversation he has with his wife), Citan becomes the most badass motherfucker on the planet, short of Grahf himself. Citan is more than just the Kato of Xenogears - he is the coolest sidekick you will ever have in an RPG.
Oh, Oh. I look forward to getting out of the 'story telling' mode, then, if that means I can run around the map. Hehe.

I haven't truly played that game in such a damn long time. College keeps eating away at my gaming time. Bah. But I agree with you. From what I can remember, Citan was damned awesome. I think I liked him more than Fei. Heh. Well, I'll talk more and contribute to the thread more substantially once I start playing again.