View Single Post
Old 2018.11.01, 05:51 PM   #1186
Fauxie

Fauxie is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
She's literally selling APRONS, OVEN MITTS and FREEZER BAGS at her latest shows. She hasn't had a single track that wasn't selling a product since 2014/15. It's totally changed.

But it's all good. Jun Togawa is back in a big way and she has dropped the ball for me. Seiko Oomori is also going strong too, can't complain at all if you're into her really.

I don't really have a problem with the merch. In the TJ days they always sold all kinds of shit. We've all gotta eat. They're just novelty items, a bit of fun, as I see it, and not all that out of character at all. I feel a little more bothered by the music selling products, but it's not just Ringo that's changed. The whole industry has. I dunno, I can see why it really bothers people. Maybe I've gone soft and lost the fire in my belly as I approach 40, too, explaining my reaction. I just find it hard to really care that much. The early stuff still does it for me just the same, and occasionally a later track will do it for me to a degree. Nearly all of it I can listen to from time to time without skipping. I don't think I have many expectations of her. If she's doing what she wants to do, that still trumps everything in some ways for me, as far as authenticity. Ok, I know that's a stretch lol, but on some level I think it's valid. She's not making the music you wish she would. If she still were, would that be authentic? Evidently she's hell bent on going the direction she's going, for better or worse. I haven't lost any respect for her. I don't know her, after all.
Fauxie is offline   Reply With Quote