View Single Post
Old 2015.08.24, 10:53 AM   #13
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

I am very opposed to this. I see no similarity between Oomori and Ringo other than Ringo did rock music like forever ago and both are Japanese women. I know similitude is subjective, but I don't see the point of this.

...Then again, there's a lot about this board I don't understand anymore. For example, I've seen people roll their eyes at facebook or tumblr as being new centers of discourse for SR fans, but EMF itself is being reduced to only a few threads of discussion at a time. How is this any different, other than representing a different demographic (teen/20-something women vs. 30-something computer savvy men)? For example, there is a new thread discussing SR's older works while we still have dozens of threads dedicated to the discussion of her individual albums. Even worse, there is only one active topic about all of SR's news, where there used to be multiple threads addressing different new developments in her career. The benefits of using a forum are not being utilized here anymore, but it's not because SR is slowing down. There is a lot she's been doing lately.