View Single Post
Old 2007.04.12, 01:13 PM   #12
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by S_p_h_y View Post
Ukigumo ... is more jazz and more refined
This isn't necessarily pointed at you SPHY, but this sorta residual sentiment has been lightly drizzled through the boards before.

How is Ukigumo's defiance of playing guitar effectively "refined"? Somehow superior to playing a regular old chord? I might not feel so against this idea if Uki was priven to be a more diverse guitarist, however he hasn't. Songs seem to be needed to be rearranged EXCLUSIVELY for Ukigumo. I don't know whose idea it is for Ukigumo's groan-worthy style to be constant in every song (rather than changing per the song like a certain former TJ guitarist) but whoever's idea it is needs to be fired (and I'm well aware it might be Shiina's call.)
One would think versatile guitars playing with and not against some of the songs would be more refined.

Same goes for the whole jazzy Adult songs "more refined" than Kyoiku songs. Only in terms of "how it sounds on the disc" is that true in my o.