View Single Post
Old 2007.09.24, 02:57 PM   #30
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Ramp = Like
Mirrorballs = the JCHI version arrangement is better to me by comparison. This sounds like Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Kingyou = Great
Shiseikatsu = like. Kameda's style is easy to identify, isn't it?
OSCA = I like it
Kronekodow = like it. It sounds like Appa. Only Izawa writes this circus type of music.
Fukushuu = even though Uki wrote it, it sounds like something from Ringo's grunge days pre-Shouso Strip, but without a strong hook. I skip this track every time.
Boutomin = The riff is a ripoff, oh wait...a "tribute" from George Benson's "On Broadway." I like hearing the band singing together though. They should do this alot more in the future.
SSAW = Love it. I really want to see Izawa and Ringo do this one live.
Tsukigime Hime = Cool song. The verse melody and guitar is Kurt Cobain, the chorus melody and keys are The Doors. I like this one because of the weird contrast like in OSCA.
Sake to Geko = Its starts sober, then gets drunk, then sober, then drunk.
Killer Tune = good
Metro = This is the first TJ album to end with a chill-out song instead of a giant climax like Yume no Ato or Tegami. I guess this is where the credits for thier tv show starts rolling? This is the only other Uki song besides OSCA that I like.

Variety is a very good album full of goraku [LOL]. But now that Ringo did her big favor for the new guys, I want her songs to dominate the track list again. Pleeeeez! Out of the three albums the band has, I put this one at #3 with Adult at #1.

The album title is misleading. The variety of music here is no different from anything SR or TJ have done in the past. She/they have been doing variety from day one.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote