View Single Post
Old 2007.04.16, 08:55 PM   #12
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
As each day passes, the less sure I am about this, but I think this is her best album (MM is starting to creep up, in my opinion, but still.) I think Shiina thinks so too, and she really wants to duplicate it, but has been failing at it.
KZK is magnanimous listening start to finish. However, the songs also stand strong on their own right, which is what I think is the main flaw to an album like HF. HF has two songs that really "work" out of th context of the album (Gamble and Kono yo ni, first and last songs -- coincedence?) All the rest you need to be "in the mood." and what puts you in the mood more than the album?
Doppleganger, or Torikoshi kurou or, Ishiki work aswell alone as they do on the album, and thats why its a success.

Sure, you can argue the cds a little pretensious, but iI still think whats newer are the worse offenders than KZK because KZK has the clout.

The worst thing Shiina did with this album was make the version of Stem she did a single. I tink because of that, caused the album ro not sell as it could have
I really love Heisei Fuzoku and KZK and I have been debating about which of the two is my fave for a while. I do think that HF works the best if you are listening to the album and not in a playlist out of order, but I do not think that most of the songs do not are not as strong when taken out of context.

Also, HF was the only album after KZK so far so what do you mean that she has been trying to duplicate KZK and failing at it? The way you say it is as if she has released several albums after KZK and none are up to par.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote