View Single Post
Old 2009.05.12, 12:09 PM   #69
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
I honestly don't think there's a single filler track on Muzai Moratorium. The only weak chain is Onaji Yoru but that's hardly filler. It's a good song but it's one of my lesser liked ballads from her.
Totally agree, it's all so even in quality. For me on SS for example I only really think of Byoushou Public as a great noise orderve before Honnou (I know, Zazen makes it a song!)

Akanesasu Kiro Terasaredo might be the best though. One day, sometime, someone might ask me what kind of chord sequences I like and then I'd play that whole song as an example. Or maybe Kokoro. It's so unlucky to be the sudden mellow comedown after Koufukuron, but it shines. Someone should cover its demo incarnation Headphone in its pop-RnB style.

Onaji Yoru is pretty, its only crime is to be the skip track before the rawk orgasm of Keikoku if you're more in the mood for that, but it's such a sweet, classic song (actually Osiris said it sounded traditional in the ballad thread). SR's songs can be so weird and unique and then she can write music will still be played 200 years in the future on whatever instruments we have then (Rakujitsu...) For all the Knock on Your Doors or whatever on DO, that's my favourite vocal performance. And it's shot so simply, just the one house spotlight with HZM in silhouette.

And there's the violin [recent discussion]... I'll admit this for the Neko-haters, and I agree she has to work with new people, the first time I heard that song I really wanted to learn to play violin!

Pointless personal fact: Marunouchi Sadistic is my most-played SR song by a long way. It was too addictive. For this reason I appreciate the JCHI version because seems the most different from the album version that I know. The samba piano at the end is good and there's Kameda's double basssssss... One day Ringo should perform the "Dah-da-dah da-dah da-dah da-dahs" at the beginning of the New Way to Fly demo version again, that would be too funky.

Last edited by so_cold : 2009.05.12 at 02:05 PM. Reason: added things
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote