View Single Post
Old 2011.10.26, 11:04 AM   #779
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
You brought up something i feel like I need to point out. In my conversations with Maou particularly in the past, we talked about the whole reason that KZK seems to be favored is because the arrangements are so inventive, and that somehow means, since the material can be re-arrranged and not be memorable, the material is somehow lesser.
I don't remember any of this.

I remember discussing KSK being overrated and loved because of its arrangement, but I don't remember saying anything about the bolded part. I recall saying the fancy arrangement of KSK didn't make the songs better than MM/SS while you spouted some nonsense about KSK having different structures from the songs on MM/SS. I also remember saying several times over the years that the EM arrangements are better than the KSK arrangements. That doesn't make the other "not memorable" or "lesser" either.

I'm going to stick to my assessment that KSK is overrated because of its arrangement. The melodies and song structures are no different/better than MM/SS and I really could live without stuff like Ukigumo's "Derp de derp" in Torikoshi Kurou. Or maybe a vacuum cleaner at the beginning of Tadashii Machi instead of feedbacking guitars really would have made the song better.