View Single Post
Old 2009.10.01, 09:05 PM   #65
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

After gaming on a 32" CRT with an RGB cable for the past million years and being used to the awesome picture that required no tweaking, I decided to give HD a shot! People are always telling me it's better but is it really?

So after saving up for a few weeks (which killed me as I'm useless at it) and doing a little research/asking people, I bought a 32" Full HD Samsung for £300 (usually about £370/400 but depends who you know!) anyways it's the full 1080 resolution which I know is probably useless at this screen size but who cares!

Anyways later today (when it's delivered) I'm gonna hook my PS3 up to it via the HDMI cable and if it looks worse than RGB then I am going to be more than a little let down given the hype about High Definition gaming so basically what I'm asking is does anybody here regularly play PS3 on a HD set and do they notice GENUINE improvements?

Like more pixels is one thing but if I have to play with contrast and brightness like using the crappy old SCART 2 port just to get a decent enough picture then it doesen't seem a worthwhile trade off against the no hassle plug-in-pin-sharp RGB cable!

If it's crap I'll just use it for normal TV.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote