View Single Post
Old 2010.09.12, 03:53 AM   #73
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by that thread View Post
this album sounds like Red Hot Chili Peppers playing anime theme songs
That's exactly what I remember Sports sounding like. From the date I think he or she is talking about Variety, but whatever.

I do wonder if this forum is coming up more on searches for recent TJ material and since I'm not even into Phase 1 as much as the solo albums I'm feeling quite out of place. Hirama > Uki, but I can't be bothered to post why.

I've kind of semi- moved on now, or maybe there's only so many thousand times I can listen to the same thing. But I always used to want to have read more of what fans of MM/SS/KZK thought about those albums. Or the demos, B-sides, Tomosaka Rie...

I can't remember how I found this place, maybe a link from Nostalgic Lavender. Is there anything that could be done to make those fans feel at home? Especially at first I felt this was a ... "Tokyo Jihen" forum and only partly a Shiina Ringo one, perhaps because of the images at the top, and perhaps because the new material is what 99% of the posts are about.

That's kind of what I've always thought about EMF, really.

Or perhaps most people who discover SR are preexisting J-pop or J-rock fans (whatever floats your boat, I don't mind), and aren't as alienated from the musical direction of TJ as I am?

Last edited by so_cold : 2010.09.12 at 04:17 AM.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote