View Single Post
Old 2009.12.25, 10:50 PM   #56
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
i never forget.

dude, i guess i can skip on it then, because it's like you just described me. i hate star wars and jones, and only saw half of the first lord of the rings. i'm surprised you were able to stereotype that so easily. (not sure if stereotype is the right word but i'm too tired to bother with it).

this is a better way to say what i was trying to say =). no matter how much pace or depth the characters would have, i wouldn't be able to get over the plot. i guess people's tolerance of that is different, as everything else.

on another movie mentioned, There will be Blood really is amazing. jeez, i loved it. partly was because i related to the main character (i can't remember his name now, i'm so bad with names) in that he was so agressive in his desire for success. he has this great bit where he starts, "i have a competition in me," and gives a creepy little talk of it and hatreds and that fire. but overall, it was very well presented; the soundtrack was a mix of eerie orchestrations and some other odd sounds and was mixed in at all the right moments--none of that pop soundtrack nonsense, and it was just very raw. there were some very nice shots and the things this man puts at stake in his life are almost scary. highly recommended, this movie.
I saw that movie in Japan and I couldn't enjoy it, because of Daniel Day Lewis. I don't get the love for the guy, his acting is just plain cheesy in some movies (Gangs of New York?) and when he is serious he just exudes douche bag-ishness. Then again, I do know someone who has a permanent back injury and was blacklisted from the movie industry because Daniel Day Lewis is a jackass (amongst being personally responsible for his injuries, he denied involvement and flat out lied, throwing his weight around to avoid trouble). having strong personal feelings towards an actor can really suck, as I really wanted to like that movie.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote