View Single Post
Old 2009.03.31, 08:30 PM   #1
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Is Ukigumo out of Tokyo Jihen?

Hot off the presses guys, and you will LOVE THIS. So thanks to Zarya, who forwards me the ringohan newsletters to skim over for news, I have some interesting tidbits to share for the april letter.

firstly, apparently the fans are guessing the lyrics to the new song with surprising accuracy, but Ringo herself notes in the interview that during the day they recorded she made a mistake. the interview later remarks that we should all look forward to when they release the official lyrics (which means they will probably post them on the ringohan or official website sometime soon)

secondly, about the new single (I know I know, this should go in that thread, but whatever), she says that the people who will watch the drama are going to hear it, and it was prepared for that reason (meaning we will probably get something poppy, bleh). however, that will be a coupling song (meaning 1-bside, so for the price I'm guessing we will get 2 tracks only, probably no instrumental/karaoke or anything) and she asks us to listen to that seperately. so my thoughts after hearing this is that the a-side single is going to be more mainstream/poppy and the b-side will be what we ringo fans are more interested in.

thirdly, they ask her about the Maboroshi song and she says that she was a fan of Mummy-D, one of the guys in the band I guess, and then they suddenly asked her to do the song, so she was happy.

lastly, and most importantly, he asks her about the Marunochi Sadistic that played on the end credits at the show and how the fans didn't forget it and it sounded like Ukigumo was singing along with her during it. That sounds all normal and good but her answer is what is really puzzling.

she says:

"thank you. the theory of discord between us rose to the surface and won't sink, with ukigumo I mean."

okay I know that translation is REALLY bad but the word she uses for discord literally means to have a falling out with, be on bad terms with, etc. she kind of dances around the question a bit, doesn't really answer it, and kind of notes that her and ukigumo are being reported to have a bad relationship. Does that mean their voices compliment each other for the song or what? I Have no frigging clue. but then at the end of the interview the interview notes that we received a lot of good information, about receiving proper lyrics to the new song and that:

it was unexpected to hear rumours of Ringo's dischord with Ukigumo go public

so, even the interview is surprised that ringo is acknowledging they are having issues. does this mean ukigumo is out of tokyo jihen? is that why it is taking so long to get new material from them? is that even perhaps why she is foraying a bit back into the solo career?

only time will tell.

I SURE FRIGGIN HOPE SO. BRING IN THE NEW GUY.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.03.31 at 10:54 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote