View Single Post
Old 2007.09.17, 06:47 PM   #55
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ You are totally right but I feel that if people would get over this particular bias they would enjoy ADULT->forward much more. Of course, I say this because I am already biased towards ADULT, etc., but I think that the people who are on the fence or somewhat like ADULT and the new music would like it more if they didn't have the fact that Uki composed the songs at the forefront of their thoughts. Same goes for Izawa; I think it is a bad thing if the fact that you liked HZM gets in the way of enjoying anything after him. Now, if you completely dislike the music regardless of the members, that is a different story altogether.

I may not have been a fan since before ADULT, but I was introduced to the band with Kyouiku and heard it a substantial amount of times before I dared go into ADULT and two new members so I also dealt with the fact that HZM and Hirama were gone. Mainly HZM because I LOVE the piano and I thought it was amazing how they incorporated it into rock music. BUT, when I heard ADULT I didn't keep thinking that HZM was gone so I was able to enjoy it as much as I did/do. I'm not saying you in particular do not enjoy, but just in general I think people would do better to enjoy the music as-is and not think of the members they used to have.

I remember Jihad once said something along the lines of you have to listen to it in context of what came before it because he is a historian or something but I don't think that should affect how you enjoy an album or what you think of it. Same goes for the band members, in my humble opinion.

EDIT: I am not trying to say that my point of view is better than anyone else's or that I am unbiased, but I think people place an unnecessary barrier on themselves and limit themselves from things for foolish reasons. I've done this myself many times, especially with music, but I have gotten over it and opened myself up to different things. I am not saying any of you are close-minded or anything, but I do feel that there would be a greater appreciation for ADULT amongst older fans if they would stop seeing the new members as ShadyNook eloquently put it, "replacement guy[s]".

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.09.17 at 06:50 PM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote