View Single Post
Old 2009.06.12, 12:29 PM   #17
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
What really annoys me is that though is that Tarentino and Lynch can make all the movies in the world no problem, but it's hard for Terry Gilliam to even get a project off the ground. But at least he might finally be making his Don Quixote movie. (Possibly with Michael Palin too! )
Precisely, that's where I was trying to go with my arguments. And Terry Gilliam is just one example, since there are other directors who don't even have the chance to be known by people like me or you.
When you get in a position where it's fairly easy to embark on a new project/movie, you shouldn't forget of the time when you were not on that position and also that many other people are struggling like you were. So the least those top directors could do is make something for everybody and express messages that can utilize the position their in. What's the point of reaching a high-level of consideration from many people in the world, if all you have to say is "I'm afraid of the dark" or "I like action movies", and even then only you will understand it?

PS - I respect all of your opinions about Lynch and Tarantino, and I'm thankful that mine are respected too, but! Kubrik, really? He's like, the god of motion pictures
He's one of the directors that got so high in the list that he could get money for any project he wanted, and yet always made movies for all humanity. I do not share most of his views, but boy did he know how to present them.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote