View Single Post
Old 2009.06.12, 04:57 PM   #18
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
PS - I respect all of your opinions about Lynch and Tarantino, and I'm thankful that mine are respected too, but! Kubrik, really? He's like, the god of motion pictures
He's one of the directors that got so high in the list that he could get money for any project he wanted, and yet always made movies for all humanity. I do not share most of his views, but boy did he know how to present them.
I really do love Kubrick, but those two films were just insane and not for a regular viewer at all. But I do like them. It's the Barry Lyndon (But this one like, Schubert piece he used in the film has been intermittently stuck in my head since I watched it 10 years ago. @_@) and the Full Metal Jacket and the Eyes Wide Shut I can't stand. (I did like the Vincent DoNofrio part of Full Metal Jacket, but once he was gone it went downhill from there.) Dr. Strangelove is one of the greatest films ever, and Lolita is fantastic, albeit a tad bit irksome. (and a fantastic showcase of just how awesome James Mason really is. ) And The Shining is one of the only horror movies I can seriously say I love.

last.fm

Last edited by mizer_unmei : 2009.06.12 at 05:01 PM.
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote