View Single Post
Old 2011.12.07, 06:49 PM   #419
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Sports is almost as good as Adult, in my opinion. There are a couple of duds, but overall it's pretty strong stuff. And I've said it before, but Dai-Hakken could have been so much better if Track 1 was "For the Tube," if "For the Disc" didn't exist, and if the album ended with the solo Ringo track. I'm still debating whether the original Dopamint would fit the album better than the jazzy version. I burned a copy of the album with these changes and I find it so much more listenable. I think the poor choices they made for the album's opening and closing played a big part in my distaste for it.
THIS BASICALLY. I hate the arrangement of tracks on Dai-hakken so much that I wonder how anyone can like it over Sports (no one has given me a good answer to why this is either), and I GET SO STUPIDLY BITTER ABOUT THIS OHMYGOSH. I've thought about reorganizing the tracks myself as well.

I love Sports sfm. Sometimes I consider it my fave TJ album just because I find it so easy to listen to all the way through, and I get really into it. It just really works as a whole for me, and I know everyone hates the themes, but I feel like Sports is the MOST IN TUNE with its theme in comparison to ANY other TJ release.

ALSO, I don't care what anyone says ADULT IS AMAZING TO ME! but so is Kyouiku... and that nearly doesn't get as much love as it deserves, in my opinion, just because people get their panties in bunch over sound quality/production/blah.

/talking about anything SR/TJ-related makes me type like a giddy fool
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote