Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.09.15, 06:38 AM   #1209
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Well, holy shit. Lets do this. Again.

Why everyone should be at least a little worried:

-Jihen disband- a move that should have been an amazing, exciting development- has actually spelt somewhat ruin for Ringo. Instead of having a goofy band she could mess around and release little fun albums while secretly working on a decent solo album has ended up with her releasing an album like Sunny- an EP in disguise; new songs being sub-par to OK.

-The best song she's released recently has been Kamisama- which really is no better than anything on Daihakken. Fact. Breaking up Jihen seems like a sham to me.

-The Vogue interview- confirms the worst of suspicions- even if it was just her joking around- that she does not really care about what she is doing anymore. It's all a big cash in. While this is fine from a profit perspect- it really kinda sucks for the longterm fans.

-She's gone full Ayu, yet doesnt have the chops to do it right. Expo 14 is a blinding display of lighting and not much more. Unfortunately, a lot of people really wet themselves over this and can't see past the frivolity. IMO, it's a weak peformance on both a musical and theatrical level. I'd rather watch Gaga.

-Are people really enjoying the new songs, or the PVs- the last two PVs are waaaay better than the actual songs...

And finally, looking ahead:
-After what she did with Sunny, can we expect to get more albums consisting of half old tracks (not even rearranged) again? She's already given in to that temptation, and I sincerely believe that once she's had a taste of doing things the easy way- this is what she will do from now on.

-Is the mastering just going to keep up like this? When will this stop?

Why are people so easily accepting of all of this? Has anyone even thought about this the way I am? Am I crazy questioning all these things? I can't for a second believe people actually want this... or maybe they do/I'm missing some kind of point and I'm just old fashioned. Am I just being an elitist douche? I dunno. I can't see this forum being so happy with stuff like Sunny say, 5 years back...

Someone please help me fathom it all!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.09.15 at 06:52 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote