View Single Post
Old 2011.08.15, 05:18 AM   #59
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Okay, one thing that bothers me a little.

I like things in mono. When I hear two completely different things coming out of each headphone, it really bothers me. My hearing is not perfect, I hear a little better in my left ear, and it bothers me even more. (Usually the balance on my MP3 player is +10 - 13%, depending on the volume)

Like Identity, that really bothers me to listen to it with headphones. Or Kono Yo no Kagiri. It really annoys me.
I agree, in many cases. The industry is really misutilizing stereo (especially listening to a good psychoacoustic soundstage demo, or a Dolby Headphone track).

I'm the same way with 5-/7-channel surround vs. stereo. For some reason people love the conscious sensation of a sound coming from behind them, or in front of them, or to their sides, but to be honest...conscious recognition is a distraction, even if it's only for a split second. It's like salt with cooking -- if you don't use it at all, you haven't used enough, but if you can taste it at all, you've used too much.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Speaking of audiophilia, has anyone had the absolute pleasure of seeing the Akira blu ray?

It sounds AMAZING!
Yes. The TrueHD track is amazing. I thought the picture was okay, but the sound was just...wow. Great explosions.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote