View Single Post
Old 2007.10.05, 08:08 AM   #55
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

All of the audio cassettes are promos, and they've only been for solo-era Shiina Ringo. I've seen audio cassettes for Muzai Moratorium, Shouso Strip, ZCS, and some of the singles like Gips or Mayonaka wa Junketsu.

Once her career approached KSK, promos went dead for a bit (as far as I can tell), then they started back up in CD-only, for Ringo no Uta and La Salle de Bain - which strangely enough got their own separate discs. Electric Mole got nothing (that I've ever seen). The Phase 1 singles each got their own (complete with B-Sides) promo, and I'm not sure that Kyoiku got anything.

When Dynamite rolled around, Dynamite In got a three-track promo CD, and Dynamite Out for a four-track promo CD. If there's an audio cassette, I haven't seen one, and I've scoured Yahoo! Japan Auctions for at least a year - where you can find pretty much anything if you're patient enough. I really do believe they discontinued with the audio cassettes before Tokyo Jihen started up.

After around Shuraba/Adult, all subsequent promos have been individually watermarked CDs. Previous promo CDs (including the Dynamite ones) were factory-pressed - never unique or tracable to the individuals they were issued to.