View Single Post
Old 2009.05.29, 11:55 AM   #44
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm sure I'm not the first person to stumble on this site, but I never saw it mentioned in EMF and it's just really interesting:
Ringo Sheena's web site

A couple of things I noticed:
- Ringo Sheena instead of Sheena Ringo.
- It was made during the Utaite Miyori promotion, which probably means they were going for a overseas exposure.
- "The show was set up to faithfully reflect her musicality, and was announced and webcast to the world in different languages via the Internet, drawing overwhelming reaction from many countries." (about Zazen Xstasy)

I didn't know the Zazen Xstasy webcast was "announced in different languages" and had "overwhelming reaction from many countries". But that's not really my point.
What I am wondering is if there really was any intent to promote her outside of Japan at this point in her career, because most of the rumours that circle around is that she doesn't want to perform outside of Japan for a number of reasons, namely the fact that she is afraid of taking a plain (or was it boat?) and also the fact that she loves Japan very much so she doesn't want to "betray" her japanese fans. There's also some other proof for this, and that is Migoto's report on what Hirama said during his participation in the MONORAL brazilian tour, mainly that Ringo doesn't feel like performing outside Japan.

So I see two possibilities:
- Toshiba-EMI wanted but Ringo didn't.
- Both wanted but failed.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote