Thread: Ringo BoOK
View Single Post
Old 2009.03.06, 01:57 AM   #23
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yeah but how long are they gonna keep celebrating her 10 years in the industry? With old material, even.
Actually, last time I checked, her working years pretty much ended with the 2007 release called Variety and have not returned still. So in the actual 10th year, nothing really new or exciting came up, neither Jihen or Ringo. Only old material (yeah, the Ringo Expo 2008 is still old material anyway).
It seems even the media is becoming more and more like her EMF fans: we only care about her past, so let's celebrate it.

It's like that 15th Anniversary Judy and Mary album that's gonna be released this year, when they actually disbanded in 2001. So they are including at least 8 years of inactivity in the celebration.

Anyway, my point is: so she's getting a lot of promotion about her long-career. What about it? Is it over already? Isn't there much more work to be done? Maybe it really is over
A collection of pictures and old magazines is good material for the fans, but I don't see how she should be happy about it. What if "only a few artists get this treatment"? "This treatment" is just a way for the magazine to profit.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.03.06 at 02:19 AM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote