View Single Post
Old 2007.07.25, 12:19 PM   #34
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I think Gunjou Biyori is a good song, but it's not as interesting to me as mostly every other Tokyo Jihen song. It's on the same level as Ringo no Uta and, well that's about the only other one I feel that way about (exclusing b-sides). They're not bad songs, and they're still better than mostly everything else out there because of the vocals, but they don't excite me like Shiina Ringo's other work.

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Fluffie, as a fan of Radiohead do you find The Bends uninteresting because it is generic in comparison to the rest of their catalogue (Pablo Honey not included)? In my mind The Bends was only ever bettered song for song by OK Computer. Though I am strangely more enticed by Kid A...
Actually, some of the stuff on The Bends does tend to bore me..
While Thom Yorke's voice always adds points to anything he performs, a lot of the songs on the album sound too much like something another band could have written (aside from Street Spirit and a few other gems). And that's not saying I don't like the album, because I really do. I'm just much more interested in Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote