View Single Post
Old 2010.01.14, 02:51 AM   #15
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

okay, so does anyone actually prefer this mastering over the re-release? the rerelease sounds a lot grittier, deeper bass and with more crunchy guitar, whereas the original release sounds cleaner. you can buy both versions on iTunes japan (and hear the difference), but I've noticed that both the release and all subsequent releases of the koufukuron single (such as suberidai on WtH and Koufukuron on MoRA) have been the rerelease grungey master. no love for the original. still, just wondering if people have it and what their thoughts are on it? I'm guessing the label cleaned it up because they wanted a strong pop debut and once Ringo made a smash with MM and they decided to rerelease it together with Honnou, they remastered it, either to bring out the dirtier bass and guitar, or to more closely match the original production plans.

glath, I know I've brought this up with you. but being a 7in, this release is hard to rip, so I've never copied my personal copy (although I own both singles). toying with just buying the file from iTunes japan.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote